Come to Change Come for an education that moves you forward.
Everyone has the power to change tomorrow. Here, you’ll find the tools. Programming. Designing. Engineering. It’s human capital that works innovation into reality. So bring your biggest and boldest ideas, and we will provide the tools and supportive community needed to put those ideas into action.
One of the nation's most innovative universities.—U.S. News & World Report
Oregon's most affordable research university.—Best Value Schools
One of the nation's most diverse universities.—Niche
of our graduates
Our graduates go on to invent for Intel, explore with NASA, and launch their own innovative companies. And, they earn an average salary of $65,000 one year after graduation. More than 183,000 PSU alumni live all over the world, turning ideas into action.
Engineering and Computer Science majors earn the highest salaries one year after graduation of any major from Portland State University. One year after graduation, PSU Computer Science majors earn salaries in the top 15-20% of all public university graduates in the United States.
Bonneville Power Administration
- 65% of our students complete an internship
- Engineering students become members of research teams
- Portland State has 20 active student groups that engage in a wide range of activities
Portland & Beyond
Take a guided virtual tour of the Maseeh College of Engineering and Computer Science led by Engineering and Computer Science students. Visit the Engineering Building and check out student group project spaces like our Viking Motorsports Club, the Portland State Aerospace Society, and the Electronics Prototyping Lab.
If You're Doing It
Portland State University students have unprecedented access to the International Space Station (ISS). Our students send their research to space and speak with astronauts.
PSU is home to the world's most accessible and used high rate micro-gravity drop tower and we have one of only two high-capacity/speed emulators for System on Chip design at U.S. universities.
- Home to two members of the prestigious National Academy of Engineering and National Academy of Science
- A prestigious Academy of Distinguished Alumni that reflects the extraordinary success of our graduates
- Four Maseeh College faculty are National Science Foundation CAREER Award winners