We are proud to live in a city that encourages entrepreneurship and creativity. Vote with your dollar and support these local Black, Indigenous and People of Color-owned businesses. All of these are within walking distance of the Portland State University campus or accessible by public transit.
Cafes, Restaurants and Food Carts
- Black Star Grill - A food cart serving up West African cuisine. The Jollof Bowls are supposed to be amazing!
- Love Belizian - A popular eatery, they serve Belize-inspired Caribbean comfort food.
- Revolucion Coffee House - A popular cafe destination among students featuring Mexican specialties. Read the founder’s inspirational story.
- Sugar Street Bakery and Bistro - Bakery and catering service serving up tasty and beautiful cakes and treats. They also offer a dine-in bistro menu.
- Burmese Delight - Portland’s only Burmese-owned Burmese restaurant. Be sure to try their signature fermented green tea leaf salad for a unique experience!
- Crave Catering - Environmentally-conscious farm-to-table catering.
- Deadstock Coffee - “Snob-free” sneaker-themed cafe in downtown Portland.
Business & Student Needs
- REDe Print n Shop - A print shop located directly on campus.
- Annie Weller Consulting - Founded and owned by a Native American woman entrepreneur. Annie also founded The Leadership Lab, a nonprofit career, academic and transitional coaching organization that focuses on veterans, minorities and LGBTQ communities.
- Design+Culture Lab - an Oregon certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Women Business Enterprise (WBE), and Emerging Business Enterprise (ESB), this is a consulting agency that focuses on underserved populations and making positive change.
- Smartr Management - They provide agile training methods for companies, career coaching and project management skills.
- NewsBling - A daily email newsletter that uses quick, concise bullets to cover the latest news topics.
- Oregon Web Solutions - This marketing company will help you reach your business goals.
- Synergy Consulting - They provide software solutions and service for Energy Efficiency and Renewables Industries.
- The Radical Brand Lab - They are a collective of brand strategists, inventors and artists to help companies develop their brand in a unique and radical way.
Retail Clothing, Products and Art
- Palette at Pioneer Place - Sells a variety of goods created by entrepreneurs of color in the local Portland area.
- Quintana Galleries - Native American, Arctic and Mexican art gallery.
- High sparrow - A boho chic clothing company.
- Faro Fabrics - Anti-colonialist fashion label. Clothing is created by refugee women in Palestine and 100% of profits go to the Center for Study and Preservation of Palestine, Self Enhancement Inc., The Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde and region specific indigenous/marginalized community organizations during traveling pop-ups.
- Produce Portland - Creative retail store that sells locally-made products and provides a social atmosphere for creatives throughout Portland.
- Orox Leather Co. - Handcrafted leather products sold by a family from Oaxaca, Mexico.
Health, Wellness and Beauty
- Eber Health - Provides individualized preventive health check-ups from the comfort of your home.
- Magnus Strength & Conditioning - This inclusive functional fitness gym includes Crossfit techniques and weightlifting.
- Glory Tarot - Get your tarot card readings by a nonbinary Caribbean clairvoyant.
- Bare Beauty LLC - They provide inclusive, personalized beauty services.
- Elite Body Studio PDX - They provide body contouring and sculpting services.